Children's care has been entrusted to WEFC for more than 60 years and we take our obligation of earning that trust very seriously.
Our WEFC children's ministry volunteers must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years old (note: youth volunteers are not the primary care providers/teachers but may provide classroom assistance to approved adult volunteers)
- Provide 3 references to confirm suitability for teaching or providing care to WEFC children
- Have successfully completed an application process that outlines their children's ministry experience and current spiritual growth
- Have cleared a criminal record check and child abuse registry check
- Have been approved for children's ministry by the WEFC staff and WEFC board of elders
Kids Sunday School @ 9 am (September to May)
This program takes place Sunday mornings from 9:00 - 10:15 and is available for all ages of children. With a focus on worship, Bible teaching, memorization, and community building, our goal is to help kids grow in an understanding of God's love and good plan for their lives.
Kids Church @ 11:00
This program takes place during the worship services. Children up to grade 3 will be dismissed partway through the worship services to go to Kids Connect programming.
Please note: From mid-October to December, Kids Connect programming is replaced by Christmas Musical practice for grades 1 - 5. Newcomers are welcome to join in at any time.
Nursery and Toddler Care
Committed volunteers are happy to care for your young children up to age 3 at any time from 9:00 to 11:45 am each Sunday. Children must be registered and checked in at the Nursery desk, and parents are asked to have a cell phone with them while the child is in care.