Director of Children’s Ministries
The Director of Children’s Ministries is responsible for the direction and oversight of the Children’s Ministry within Winnipeg Evangelical Free Church (WEFC). The Children’s Director is responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children. Essential Job Responsibilities
1. Main responsibilities in the area of Children’s Ministry (75%)
- Providing overall leadership and coordination of the Children’s Ministry at WEFC
- Weeknight Club Coordination
- Leads and directs 180 Kids on Sundays in conjunction with the Children’s Christian Education Coordinator
- Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and each age level.
- Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Assists and oversees the Adventurers Day Camp ministry each year
- Ensure that ministry reports are produced for congregational meetings
- Develop and introduce ways of equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children
- Participate in planning of special events including congregational meetings, welcome lunches, church picnic
- Recruit and oversee all early childhood volunteers providing leadership, training, and appreciation.
2. Secondary Responsibilities (25%) – to be agreed upon prior to hiring.
- Fulfilling ministry needs within WEFC based on gifting. Examples include: 1. Creating and maintaining social media presence 2. Developing and displaying advertising and decorations in and around the church 3. Involvement in leading worship services Sunday mornings 4. Technology services Skills Required:
- Active personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- Strong passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
- Previous experience with direction and administration of large church Children’s Ministries or Family Ministries
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
- Experience in designing and developing children’s ministry programs.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families and a passion to see families grow in their faith together.
- Ability to reach out and connect with families within WEFC.
- A working knowledge of web and Microsoft Office applications is preferred.
- Love for God and a desire to see Christ glorified
- Committed Christ-follower who feels a call by God into full-time ministry
- Love for children and families
- A strong leader with a solid work ethic and a ministry mindset
- A relational individual with the ability and inclination to lead and develop volunteers
- Demonstrates a commitment to the statement of faith of the Evangelical Free Church of Canada.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience directing a large children’s ministry, including leadership of ministry staff (full or part-time staff members and/or a large volunteer team.
- Related Degree or Diploma required; divinity degree desirable
- A combination of related experience and/or post-secondary education may be considered
Reporting Responsibility This position reports to the Senior Pastor Suggested Remuneration
- Full-time position
- Salary to be determined based on past experience and education
- Eligible to participate in the WEFC benefit plans
- Two weeks paid vacation
If you are feeling that God is calling you to this exciting new opportunity please forward your cover letter and resume to Ashley.email@example.com by Tuesday, April 30.
Contact Search Team
Use this form to ask any questions you may have